David Schwarz, CCIM, is a Vice Chairman in Newmark's Houston, Texas, office. A 17-year veteran of the real estate investment banking industry, David has substantial expertise in debt originations, joint venture/equity placement and investor relations.
Since 2005, David has originated and been involved in more than $17 billion in commercial real estate assignments representing over 720 multifamily and commercial real estate transactions. He specializes in originating debt with government-sponsored enterprises (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and FHA), life insurance companies, Wall Street sources, banks and debt funds. David also has experience arranging and structuring joint venture equity partnerships as well as mezzanine and preferred equity investments for sponsors for commercial real estate throughout the United States.
Prior to joining Newmark Capital Markets, David was a Vice President of Grandbridge Real Estate Capital, LLC (formerly Live Oak Capital). In this capacity, he represented private and institutional clients nationwide and was one of the top originators in the company.
A Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) since 2008, David is a past president of the CCIM Houston/Gulf Coast Chapter and served on its board of directors from 2008 to 2015. He is also a licensed real estate broker in the state of Texas and a member of the Texas Real Estate Commission, National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC), Urban Land Institute (ULI) and International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC).
A sixth-generation Houstonian, David currently serves as a city councilman with the city of Hilshire Village. He has been married for more than 16 years and has three children. He and his family are partners with Grace Bible Church, he is an active board member of Stoney Creek Ranch and he is a member of the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Mutton Bustin' Committee, which supports college scholarships for Texas youth.
• Heavy Hitter, Houston Business Journal, 2019 & 2020
• Top 25 National Rainmaker Team, Real Estate Forum, 2017-2018
• Past president, CCIM Houston/Gulf Coast Chapter; board of directors, 2008-2015
• Jay W. Levine Leadership Development Academy, 2014
• Landmark Awards Judge, Houston Business Journal, 2013
• Chairman's Award, Grandbridge Real Estate Capital, 2013
• President's Cup - Tier 1 Third Place, CCIM Institute, 2013
• 20 Under 40 Rising Stars, Houston Association of REALTORS (HAR), 2012
• Member, National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC)
• Member, Urban Land Institute (ULI)
• Member, Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
• Member, Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC)
• Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Licenses and Designations
• CCIM designation, CCIM Institute, 2008
• Texas real estate broker's license, 2005
Personal Achievements and Affiliations
• Partner of Grace Bible Church
• Board Member of Stoney Creek Ranch, 2020 - present
• Current city councilman for the city of Hilshire Village, Texas (2019-present)
• Director of MUD 539, 2019
• Mutton Bustin' Committee, Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo, 2013-present
• Investor advisory team, nCourage Kids
• Chairman, Free the Captives Annual Luncheon, 2019
• Stewards of the Wild Committee, Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, 2014-2018
Baylor University - Bachelor of Business Administration degree in entrepreneurship and marketing.
Request an invite to Revere to access this complete profile and connect with 500+ development firms today
Areas of Interest
- Risk Profile
- Deal Type
- Ground Lease, Acquisition, Development, Partner Buyout, Pre-Development, Recapitalization, Refinance, Rehabilitation
- Property Type